Bendigo TAFE is a recognised leader in the delivery of apprenticeships and traineeships, offering a range of courses across many occupations.
Apprenticeships and traineeships are a great way to combine paid work with structured training, leading to a nationally recognised qualification and great industry skills to set you up for your chosen career.
Australian apprenticeships and traineeships:
- may be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both
- can be part time (traineeships) or full time
- can start at any age from the age of 16
- can be combined with secondary school education
- provide a great pathway from school to work
- are 'competency based' which means your training can be completed once you've reached the required skill level.
The first step is finding a business that is willing to employ you. Every apprentice and trainee must also have a training contract which is organised through a local Australian Apprenticeship Centre.
Bendigo TAFE then works with employers, apprentices and trainees to customise training to suit specific workplaces through the development of an individual training plan. Plans are developed to ensure skill outcomes are relevant to businesses and meet the needs of the specific qualifications. We then help deliver and assess your training both in the workplace and on campus.
Visit the DEECD apprenticeship and traineeship website for detailed information about training types and industries, wages and financial assistance.