Bendigo TAFE's Disability Support Service can assist with study support.
You can contact 13 TAFE (13 8233) and ask to speak with the Disability Liaison Officer.
To be eligible for support, you must provide supporting documentation identifying your disability, impairment, or long-term condition. Documentation is required to be completed by an appropriate health or medical professional.
The Disability Liaison Officer will be able to provide advocacy support in communicating your needs to other Bendigo TAFE staff and also refer students to other relevant services within Bendigo TAFE
Adjustments can be made on a case-by-case basis and may include:
- modified assessment arrangements
- accessibility support worker assistance
- equipment loans
- assistive technology
- accessible formatting
- extensions to assignments
- flexibility in attendance requirements
- ergonomic furniture.
Accessibility Support Officers
We can arrange for an Accessibility Support Officer to assist you in class with the below supports;
- In class note-takers
- Tutoring support
- Auslan interpreters
- Study skills support
Learning Access Plan
A Learning Access Plan is a document the Disability Liaison Officer produces with you. It summarises the following:
- recommendations for teaching adjustments
- assessment and examination adjustments
- the impacts of your health condition or disability on your learning
- your responsibilities
Course Material or Technology Support
The Disability Liasion officer can assist in looking at different formats or technologies to support you during your course, and this may include accessing the below study materials or equipment
- Enlarged print
- Ergonomic chairs/footrests/document holders
- Adaptive keyboards/mouses
We look forward to supporting your educational journey with us.