Ways to Pay
Payment of Fees
You can pay your fees by credit card over the phone or with cash, cheque, credit card or EFTPOS at any Customer Service Centre. If paying through the post, send your payment (please do not send cash) to 154 Hargreaves Street, Bendigo VIC 3550
Help with paying your fees while you are studying at Bendigo TAFE.
1. Payment Plans
Bendigo TAFE offers eligible students the option of paying their course fees over time by setting up a payment plan.
Many people find the payment plan a great way to break the cost of their education up, making it more manageable over the length of the course. If you use a payment plan, you will need to pay a $250 deposit and can then spread the remaining tuition, student services, materials and consumables fees over time. You can opt to make either weekly or fortnightly instalment payments. There will be a 5.5% administration fee added to the payment plan amount.
How does a payment plan work?
When you’re enrolling, you’ll need to pay a $250 deposit which is deducted from the total cost of the course (tuition, student services, materials and consumables fees). The remainder of the fees can be paid on a payment plan with our partner Debitsuccess in either weekly or fortnightly instalments over the duration of the enrolment period. When you enrol, you will need to complete and sign an electronic form provided to you our Customer Service Officer to set up the plan and provide your bank or credit card details. A 5.5% administration fee will be applied to the payment plan amount.
We accept payments from savings, cheque and credit card accounts; however AMEX and Diners cards are not accepted. All payments must be completed two weeks prior to the end of the course.
When enrolling, you will need to provide your bank account or credit card details and sign an electronic form agreeing to the terms and conditions of Debitsuccess. If you are under 18 years of age you’ll need to have a parent/guardian with you at the time of enrolment to sign the electronic payment plan. The parent/guardian will need to fill and sign a guarantor form, which will be provided at the time of enrolment.
You need to have sufficient funds available in the nominated account to meet weekly or fortnightly payments. A $10 penalty fee will be charged by Debitsuccess if there are insufficient funds.
- You need to bring either your credit card or a copy of your bank statement to the Customer Service Centre at the time of enrolment.
- You must advise firstname.lastname@example.org if the nominated account is closed and give us your new account details.
Termination of payment plan
You may terminate the payment plan at any time by paying the balance owing in full to Debitsuccess. If you think a payment is wrong contact email@example.com or call 1800 148 848.
Course results and certificates will not be available until the final payment has been made.
For more information about the Bendigo TAFE payment plan, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 13 TAFE (13 8233).
To access any of these services or to make an appointment, please call the Student Support Service on 13 TAFE (13 8233).
2. Fee Concession/Exemptions
Fee concession/exemptions may be granted to students experiencing severe financial hardship. You should talk to a student support person before enrolment. Email email@example.com or call 13 TAFE (13 8233) for more details.
3. Welfare Services
Assistance can be provided to students to help with budgeting, money management and referrals to external agencies.
You can make an appointment for:
- information on fees and fee concessions
- Centrelink assistance
- financial budgeting and saving skills information and assistance regarding scholarships available through Bendigo TAFE.
The Student Welfare Officers are available across all campuses, online and via telephone. To make an appointment call 13 TAFE (13 8233) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bendigo TAFE offers a number of scholarships each year, which contribute towards course fees and materials fees across a range of study areas. You can find out more about scholarships and how to apply by clicking here.
Further Assistance: Centrelink Allowances for Students
- Youth Allowance/Austudy/Abstudy
- The main income support schemes for students are Youth Allowance, Austudy and Abstudy. Application forms are available from any Centrelink office or phone 132 490.
- Pensioner Education Supplement
- If you receive a Parenting Payment Single (PPS) or the Disability Support Pension (DPS), you may also be eligible for extra assistance while you are studying. Application forms are available from Centrelink or telephone 132 316.
Zero Tuition Fee Training - Skills First Youth Access Initiative
Skills First Youth Access Initiative is to support young people on Youth Justice Orders or Child Protection Orders, or who have been on Youth Justice Orders or Child Protection Orders and are not more than 22 year of age, to participate in education and training. The Institute will provide a tuition fee exemption to eligible students when presented with a validly endorsed referral form from either the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Education, the Department of Justice and Regulation, or a referring agency. For more information click here.
- 100 percent refund if the Institute cancels your course.
- If you lodge a withdrawal/refund application within 28 days of the commencement of your course (for any other reason), you are entitled to the refund of your tuition fees, materials fees and Student Services fee (less an administration fee of $80). A refund will not be granted where training has been completed for a unit or module and a result entered.
- You are not entitled to any refund if you withdraw later than 28 days after the commencement of your course (all courses excluding VET student loans eligible courses).
- If you lodge a withdrawal/refund application from a VET student loans eligible course (diploma, advanced diploma) unit of study on or before the published Census Date for that Unit, you will receive a 100 percent refund of the tuition fees (this also applies to diploma and advanced diploma students who meet the citizenship requirements but who have been deemed not eligible for a government subsidised place).
- If you lodge a withdrawal/refund application from a Skills Deepening (diploma or advanced diploma) course within 28 days of the commencement of your course, you are entitled to a refund of your materials and Student Services fees. (less an administrative fee of $80).