School Based Apprenticeships and Traineeships (SBATs)
Contact Next Step on 1300 289 290
Find the Pre-apprenticeship that you are interested in and apply directly online, or if you would like to discuss your options, please contact Bendigo TAFE directly on 13 TAFE (8233).
Apprenticeships and traineeships
To start an apprenticeship or traineeship, you must be over 15 years old and meet all the requirements as listed in the “Your Application Checklist” section below.
Your application checklist
To apply for an apprenticeship or traineeship at Kangan Institute you need to ensure you meet the following requirements.
- Find a job as an apprentice or trainee (our Employment Centre can help you find a job)
- Register with an Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN). You and your employer will need to contact an AASN representative, and sign a training agreement.
- Nominate Kangan Institute as your Registered Training Organisation (RTO). You and your employer must notify the AASN representative about your choice of training organisation on your registration. The representative will then notify Kangan Institute about your registration.
- Register for a Healthcare Card if you are eligible. Find out more information here.
- Once you have registered with an AASN a Kangan Institute representative will be in contact and arrange your training schedule.
Unsure what to do next?
Contact us on 13 TAFE (13 8233) to discuss your options with one of our Recruitment and Enrolment team.